8.14.2013

The title of my new solo exhibition is Coming Soon.

It's been over two and a half years since my last solo show. So of course I am thrilled to announce a new exhibition of works that span, yes, the past two and half years.

The Sidney Larson Gallery at Columbia College, Missouri is presenting Coming Soon, an exhibition of photographs, paintings, sculptures, and found objects that will run from August 19th to September 13th, 2013 . Appropriately enough, the 3 collages below were the seeds of what has grown into a multi-media barrage of ephemera that deals with our post-recession landscape at large. The work below grew out of a handmade paper and alternative process photography workshop I was assisting at the Penland School of Crafts during the summer of 2011. It was in fact at Penland the year before where I met the great photographer and educator Scott McMahon that presented me with the opportunity to show my work at Columbia. So, thanks Scott, and thanks once again to the Penland School of witchCraft!



Who Could Have Known? 2011-13
watercolor and collage over cyanotype on handmade paper



Cash It In 2011-13
acrylic, spray paint, and collage over cyanotype on mica-encrusted handmade paper



Remember That Night in St. Petersburg When None of Us Were 18? 2011-13
acrylic, collage, transfer, silver leaf and Las Vegas lucky card on handmade paper

No comments: