4.25.2013

So funny story... a couple years back when I was living in Chattanooga, TN, I was scouring the web for interesting photography galleries and stumbled on the Fraenkel Gallery in San Francisco. The show they had up at the time was of the photographer Katy Grannan and her Boulevard series. They were hauntingly beautiful pictures, shot of these fringe-type characters in the bright California sun, exposing every human imperfection in alarming detail.

Fast forward two years and I now find myself working at a frame shop in Brooklyn, where we happen to frame all of Katy Grannan's east coast work. We recently framed close to 20 new photographs of hers which are bound for MoMA, the Frieze Art Fair, and who knows where else. My fellow college alumni and current co-worker, Hank the Stable Labeler, models off these new beauties for your viewing pleasure.




No comments: