12.11.2011

All Parts of the Buffalo



In the process of working on my latest, yet to be posted painting, there has been lots of painters tape used for the text. After carving it out with my trusty exacto blade I was left with all of these great little pieces of tape. Rather than sticking the refuse to my jeans and turning myself blue, I grabbed some ranch stationary to stick the pieces to, just so that they weren't littering me or my tidy lil' workspace. Without paying attention to what I was doing, I looked over and saw this great character emerging from the placement of the tape. Thus was born, the Painter's Tape Character Studies, arising from the text for my upcoming painting, Welcome To Our Beautiful Westland.

2 comments:

Kermit said...

These are awesome!!!!!!

Luke Padgett said...

this is totally cool