4.18.2014

Upcoming Exhibition



I've got a new show! If my last exhibition Coming Soon was an amalgamation of my eargerly distracted personality, then the next two shows are reactionary attempts to compartmentalize my various approaches.

For this first show, Cavity Mountain, I decided to continue exploring the large color photo side of things. All recent images taken over the past several months, the photographs here look at the iconic beauty of everyday life. In Cavity Mountain a haphazard stack of tires becomes a minimalist sculpture while spray painted rocks become abstract expressionism by the stoned youth. All the works from this show will be large color prints mounted and framed with the title piece to the show hanging nearly 4' x 4', the largest I've ever gone.

I'll be showing work at the Front Gallery in an adjacent gallery space to that of my mentor / shamanistic art dad. Andrew Saftel, who I've assisted on and off since first moving to Tennessee over 4 years ago, will be showing mash-up photographs from his chaotic Bangladesh rambles in 2011. They are also large works that will be shown alongside of smaller paintings in a similar, surface rich style.

Please, come on by if you find yourself in Chattanooga town!

The second show I mentioned is a painting show later in May and I'll post more about that soon...


No comments: