9.02.2009

The Time Has Come

A brief beginning with a long hiatus and I am now eager to begin posting pictures again. Since finishing the Core Fellowship at the Penland School of Crafts I seem to have become somewhat of a rambler. I have had the opportunity to travel a lot, working here and there, just enough it seems, to support the photographs I have been so excited to make. Most recently I took an 11 week bicycle ride across the country with two dear people. We are all in different places at the moment, attempting to assimilate back into the next step of who knows what and I am feeling quite nostalgic for all that I have been able to see this year.

I find myself, at the moment, back in Western North Carolina processing the 73 rolls of film that have been taken over the past three months and it is like christmas in the summer time. I am eager to share the images that I hope capture some of the spirit of our country. I thought however, that I needed to start by posting some photographs that led up to the summer's ride. These first few pictures mark the beginning of my exodus from Penland in February and the trek to Tennessee followed by a pilgrimage through Hale County Alabama en route to New Orleans.

In December of 2010 I will have a show of the photographs from this year's rambles at Rebus Works in Raleigh, NC. It will no doubt prove a challenge to edit the work so any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks and enjoy....

No comments: